Sunday, September 2, 2007

Take time to reflect....


Every once in a while we all need to take a minute to reflect. Reflect on the important things that so often get overlooked. The world around us, our family and friends, what we have, and most of all what we don't have. Sometimes it's better not to have everything because this gives us a humble heart. Sometimes I have to take a step back and tell myself to slow down and take in all the good I am surrounded by so that not to miss a single moment. Like when I get impatatient with the boys. There will always be time tomorrow to clean house right? In our busy lives, we tend to always be in a hurry. Why is this? What is so important?

7 comments:

Judy said...

Wise beyond your years...Nothing is more important than your sweet husband and your cutie pie boys.

AmyWhit said...

Beautiful post, Erin...and so true. That baby of yours is precious. I could just eat him up. I love me some baby chub! I'm holding out hope for Leland...but he'll probably be skin and bones like his big brother. LOL.

Shelia said...

Amen girl! It seems we're always rushing to do something or be somewhere. In a hundred years noone is going to know, care or remember. Loving the cheekies!!

kimberlybs said...

You said it right! I am deciding now, what I am going to do today. I have been wanting to tackle my extra bedroom, so I can scrapbook more and know where everything is! BUT I also thought about paying a visit to some family and seeing Miss Luna and Emily. Maybe I can do both!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

What a precious baby. That is a great picture. You have the cutest kids! You are right make the special time for your family. Before you know it they are grown. Wish I would have not put so much importance in a clean house. It can wait.

Wendy said...

Welcome Erin! Your boys are so cute. We saw the baby in the hospital right after you had him. We were there with Shane's mom! Very lucky you are!

Heather said...

Great post, Erin! I'm Heather, Jeff's wife, Jamie's sister in law and Judy's daughter in law. So glad that you're joining us! We can never have enough friends!